Liquidsoap is a powerful and flexible language for describing, creating or transforming streams. It offers rich operators and library that you can be used for making Icecast Radio Server.
* It can play icecast stream from files, playlists, directories or scripted playlists.
* Liquidsoap used for scheduling of source streams.
* It help to Mix sources streams.
* It allows queuing of user requests.
* It allows sound compression, normalization, echo, volume, Blank detection.
* It is useful for rewriting and inserting Metadata in Radio Stream.
* It can play live stream play files and streams like Last.fm.
* It can output to Radio Server Icecast/Shoutcast (MP3/Ogg).
* It also support Video streams generation.
You can use it to stream RTMP MP3 stream to Icecast/Shoutcast using mplayer, rtmpdump or gstreamer …
GStreamer provide a rich library to manage streaming audio/video with complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
gst = input.gstreamer.audio(pipeline=”playbin uri=rtmp://server.com/livestream.mp3″)
output.icecast(%mp3(), host = “localhost”, port = 8000, password = “xxxxxx”, mount = “gst stream”, fallible=true, gst)
File format problem can display ^M characters
😉 : set ff=unix and then : x in vi editor
init: security exit, root euid (user)
😉 you need to run liq file with non root user
the variable input.gstreamer.audio used here has not been previously defined
😉 Define variable “input.gstreamer.audio” .. .find here https://github.com/savonet/liquidsoap/tree/master/scripts
Stay connected for more Audio / Video Programming ….