Below are some guidelines by which most of our team members may be familiar with, but I have added a few advanced points that we need to use in our Off page SEO activities to get ranked our websites in search engines.
1. Search Engine Submission: Submit your website to the most popular search engines like Google, BING/Yahoo and country specific search engines for any specific geographically targeting website.
2. Directory Submission: It is purely based on how effectively we are selecting those directories and how efficiently we are choosing the category for submission. I agree that it gives quite delayed results, but it is worth doing it. Submit your websites to the topmost quality and High page rank directories.
• Make sure do all your directory submissions manually, thus ensuring the highest levels of accuracy for your submissions.
• Create lists of previous directory submissions made to avoid us submitting to the same list of directories
• Target multiple keywords by submitting different titles and descriptions.
3. Social Bookmarking: Ensure following guidelines when you are submitting your link to social bookmark sites that will help you to get maximum benefit of social bookmarking.
• Do social bookmarking in popular bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, Propeller, etc.
• You must properly use the tags which are very essential in SBM.
• Title of your bookmark: There are so many social bookmarking sites which automatically took your web page’s title as a bookmark title. So you can use bookmarking title either your website title or your main target keywords/keywords phase. Trying to change title on every social bookmark sites so that SEO value of every bookmarked can increase.
• Bookmark content: The bookmark content should be relevant to the purpose of your website. Keep bookmark content limit up to 160 characters or less. Avoid repetition of keywords in bookmarking content. Avoid spelling or grammar mistake.
• Category: Submitting to your bookmark under the relevant category will improve the value of links. So take the time to go through the social bookmarking sites and choose the most relevant category for your bookmark.
• Tag: Trying to use 3-4 keywords for one bookmark site avoid too many keywords.
4. Link Exchange: Exchange links with service-related websites (this is commonly termed as Thematic Link Exchange) that can help increase your link popularity, which is a major factor of Google’s PageRank algorithm.
5. Local Business Listings: List of guidelines for Local business listings.
• Represent the business exactly as it appears in the offline world.
• Do not include keywords in the business name column.
• Do not create more than one listing for each business location, either in a single account or multiple accounts.
• Do not include URLs and keywords address lines.
• Use a local phone number instead of a call center number whenever possible.
• Select at least one category from the list of available categories.
6. Article Submission: List of guidelines for article submission.
• The length of articles is normally no greater than 5,000 words but should not exceed 7,000 words.
• At the beginning of the article, the title, abstract and a list of key words should immediately precede the text.
• Font should be 11-point Arial, whether in normal, bold, or italic. Please do not insert line breaks in the text or special spacing for formatting.
• The paragraph break should be indicated by an extra line space rather than an indentation at the beginning of a paragraph.
• Only the left hand margin should be justified.
• Please submit texts in MS Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or WordPerfect. PDF files are not acceptable.
• File names should not contain spaces. They may contain letters, numbers, hyphens (-) and underscores (_). No other punctuation is allowed. Files must have the three-letter file extension identifying the file type (i.e. .rtf, .wpd, .doc)
• Use a spell-checker on the article you are going to submit. If necessary, copy and paste it into Microsoft Word.
• Limit the links in the body of your article to the minimum necessary.
7. Press Release: Submit in popular PR websites like 1888pressrelease, Open PR, PR Leap, etc. This will help you to publish your site in Google News.
8. Classifieds Submission:
• Use high page rank and quality classified sites.
• Frame multiple titles and descriptions for classified ads.
• Submit you’re classified in proper category.
• The website URL should be correctly hyperlinked. If hyperlink is not allowed in body then do not use it.
• Use as much images you can use in classified ads. The best image format is a jpg, jpeg or gif.
9. Blog Commenting:
• Aim to comment on blogs which targets the same audience as yours.
• Please do not post comments which contain profanity, hate speech or solicitations of any kind.
• Be polite, friendly, and encouraging.
• If you disagree, don’t be rude about it; give helpful feedback.
• Keep your comment on topic and make sense. Say something about the original post.
• Avoid texting shortcuts like u for you and l8r for later, and only use one emoticon if you need to.
• Sometimes add a question at the end to keep the conversation going.
• Re-read your comment before you hit submit.